FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
You’ve got questions; we’ve got answers. And if you can’t find what you need here, our staff can help you during the registration process and on-site in St. Thomas.
- The population of St. Thomas is 50,000.
- The U.S. Virgin Islands is the only U.S. territory to have coasts on both the Caribbean and Atlantic Ocean.
- Because it is a U.S. Territory, you do not need a passport to fly into U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Because of the island’s European heritage, drivers must drive on the LEFT side of the road.
- St. Thomas is on Atlantic Standard Time all year. In February, St. Thomas will be an hour ahead of Indiana.
- St. Thomas is a duty-free port, and there is no sales tax in the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- St. Thomas is approximately 18 degrees away from the equator, making sunscreen a MUST for Hoosiers.
- As of March 2020, sunscreens that contain the oxybenzone, octinoxate and octocrylene are prohibited in the USVI. Here’s a list of safe sunscreens to use.
- Recycling is incredibly important on St. Thomas. The island has significantly reduced single-use plastics to keep beaches and reefs healthy and beautiful, so please do your part to help out.
- Island time is real on St. Thomas, so sit back, relax and enjoy the slower pace for the week.
- It’s customary to start each conversation with a greeting of: Good morning/afternoon/evening.
- You should book a flight into Cyril E. King Airport (STT).
- Ridesharing services like Uber and Lyft do not operate in St. Thomas. You should plan to take a cab.
- While car rentals are available, tourists can find driving on the left side of the narrow St. Thomas roads to be challenging.
- This year, we are offering a ground transportation service through the hotel to get you to and from the airport. This link is coming soon.
- The concierge desk at The Westin Beach Resort & Spa at Frenchman’s Reef can help you schedule rides for impromptu dinner parties.
If you are interested in help scheduling group activities and dinners that require transportation, we suggest you work with our DMC Destination Services Manager Audrey Penn at (340) 998-2743.
High: 85° F
Low: 72° F
Plan to kick back and relax by the pool during INRoadCon23. Any other time, say for receptions, parties and dinner outings, you may want to consider resort casual.
YES! Spouses and guests are welcome at every convention session. And don’t forget to let us know if they need documentation for professional development hours, too!
We’re submitting the convention education hours (12) to ACEC-IN. Please request a PDH certificate when you register.
INRoadCon23 will be only the second group to find a convention home at The Westin Beach Resort at Frenchman’s Reef since the devastating hurricane season of 2017. Recovery efforts stalled in 2020 due to COVID 19. We will essentially be entering a brand new resort, with an island community that is THRILLED to have the property back online. We’ll keep you posted on any relevant construction updates.
We understand that sometimes life throws you curve balls. If you are unable to attend, you’ll certainly be missed.
PLEASE DO NOT CANCEL YOUR HOTEL RESERVATION THROUGH THE HOTEL. WE NEED TO KEEP YOUR ROOM IN OUR BLOCK.
- Before Friday, Feb. 3, 2023, you may be eligible for a partial refund.
- After Friday, Feb. 3, 2023, INRoadCon will only accept substitutions.
Contact Andria Hine at 317-634-7547 to make arrangements.